In an effort to meet evolving regulations, powertrain engineers are researching advanced combustion system strategies in gasoline engines with the goal of improving fuel economy and achieving very low engine-out NOx . TVS technology enables advanced combustion strategies such as stratified ultra-lean burn and Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI).
- Operation that is independent of exhaust gas enthalpy
- Optimized performance map to match peak efficiency to critical operating conditions
- Positive displacement flow that allows for precise calibration and controls to easily match engine air flow demand
- Improved fuel economy
- Reduced engine-out NOx (low temperature combustion)
- Fast transient response between stoichiometric and lean operation
- Precise air/fuel ratio control